Buy-to-let properties are as they say – you purchase a property with the intention of renting it out to tenants. For many investors, this turns out to be a lucrative venture and could lead to them building an extensive portfolio of properties. However, for others it may not be the right decision.
If you are thinking about buying to let it may be right for you if:
- You are happy to tie your money up for a long period of time.
- You understand that property prices may fluctuate, rise or fall.
- You prefer investments that feel tangible, in comparison to stocks and shares.
- Are willing to take the risk that you may not earn a profit on your investment, unless you use the rent for the buy-to-let mortgage.
- Understand the time and costs involved in running and owning a property and how much impact this may have on your return.
- Understand the risks that are paired with borrowing money for the purchase of a property.
Some may think that the risks of buying-to-let outweighs the returns it offers and miss the opportunity. However, there are few risks when buying-to-let if you use a professional company with all of the knowledge you need to succeed. For instance, if you aren’t familiar with the local market it could be wise to acquire the help of someone who knows.
We are experts in property, estate and block management in Sutton and the rest of London, and we have extensive knowledge of the UK’s property market. With our in depth knowledge of all London boroughs, we can effectively advise you on the best areas in which to invest. In fact, London’s property market as a whole is one of the strongest in the world and continues to rise in demand, making it one of the safest choices for investors.