Frequently Asked Questions

Welcome to our frequently asked questions page on guaranteed rent.

Please click on the questions to expand for the answers, you can find our top questions of the day on the right hand side, for more information regarding how we can help you then please don't hesitate to contact us.

If I let my property unfurnished, do I still need to supply any white goods?
Where the property is required unfurnished, landlords will still be required to supply the following items;

  • Fridge freezer.
  • Cooker and oven.
  • Net and heavy curtains.

What do I need to do when I lease my property?
Simply call our leasing team who will be pleased to arrange a no obligation property valuation. We will meet you at the property and advise you of any areas that may need addressing prior to leasing your property.

How long will the process of letting my property take?
Generally the leasing process can be a quick as 24 hours to a maximum of 10 days.

Who is responsible for bills and Council Tax?
All utility bills and Council Tax will be transferred to the tenants by Finefair. During the term of the contract, the tenant will be liable for all utility bills and Council Tax.

How do I get paid?
All payments are made by an automated BACS system. Payments will usually take 2-3 working days to clear in to your account.

When do I get paid?
Rental payments are made on the first Friday of every month. Where there are five weeks in a month, the payment will be made on the second Friday of the month.

Do you charge a monthly commission?
No. The rent agreed will be the rent that you receive from Finefair every month. We do not charge commission or a management fee.

How do I know what rent I am getting paid?
You will be advised of this prior to signing a contract. This will also be included in the landlord’s copy of the contract.

Do I receive any form of statements for the rent that I receive?
Yes. Every month/quarter you will receive a payment advice which will state the amount of rent you have received during the preceding term.

Do I have to inform my mortgage company?
You will need to check with your mortgage lender whether your mortgage terms allow you to let your property.

What documents will I require in order for me to lease my property?
You will require the following documents to lease your property. Please use the following landlord check-list:

  • Copy of Council Tax Bill.
  • Copy of Land Registry.
  • Copy of valid NICEIC Certificate.
  • Copy of valid Gas Safety record.
  • Copy of valid Energy Performance Certificate.
  • Copy of Building Insurance.
  • Copy of a recent Mortgage Statement.
  • Copy of utility bills.
  • 3 FULL sets of keys.

Remember, if you do not have a valid gas safety, electric, or Energy Performance Certificate, we can arrange these for you, just ask a member of the team by calling 0208 554 0500.

View our guide to leasing your property.